Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My Cool Tools

Being a software development consultant, I usually work onsite using the client's computer equipment. This means that every year or so, I have to personalize a new development machine and spend the day installing my own box of tools, assuming that I remember what all they were and where I got them. This time, however, I wrote them down as I installed them so that I could list them here, as well as have them available next time (a form of self-Googling).

Scott Hanselman has compiled a platinum, nay Elementium, list of sweet developer tools, from which most of these tools can be found, but a few are not on Scott's list.
Candidates
These are tools I'm/'ve evaluated that have not been oficially blessed.
  • MagicDisc - Virtual CDROM utility. Mount various image formats rather than burn them to disc first. It can also create an image from an existing CD/DVD.
  • Easy BCD - Manage Windows Vista (and later?) boot loader entries to boot all your fave OSes.
Colophon: Velvet Acid Christ - Hex Angel, DJ Brad Miller

No comments: