Monday, May 26, 2008

Inked

I got my first ink today, the World of Warcraft Horde insignia on my lower right abdomen. I got only got the insignia done, considering the diamond shield as well, but it would be large, thought it a bit much for my first tatt, and the artist said it could be added later with good results.

First Ink

I had the work done at Psycho Clown Tattoo in Fort Worth, TX. I had no idea how to choose a tattoo artist, but PCT had a favorable writeup in a recent Fort Worth Weekly. The seemed like talented and reputable artists, so I chose them.

If you've never gotten a tattoo before, you probably don't know what searing pain feels like. I'm not talking about burning your finger on the stove, I'm talking hot needles piercing the skin for 45+ minutes of agony. I took no pain meds of any kind, no alcohol, aspirin; nothing. It's definitely a rite of passage of sorts and I have new respect for people that have elaborate tattoos on their bodies.

And when I left, there were only two cars in the parking lot, my Prius and, well, someone else's Prius! At the tattoo studio! Evidence that not all Prius owners are uncool?

Related photos

No comments: